Friday, March 16, 2012

Review: Settling (Solid, #2) by Shelley Workinger

At the beginning of the summer, Clio Kaid was one of a hundred teens brought to a secret Army installation. But it was no ordinary camp and they weren’t ordinary kids…

Picking up where “Solid” left off, Clio and her friends realize that they aren’t ready to go home; they’re determined to stay on campus and continue their journey of self- discovery. But someone doesn’t feel the same way and will do anything to drive them away – even kill.

Friendships will be tested, abilities will evolve, and more secrets will come out as the teens race to stop the killer before he sets his sights on one of them…


I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really enjoy Workinger's writing style. Her Solid series turned me into a fan with her first installment and her second installment showed me that she's not a one hit wonder. Her series continued to excite me and keep me enjoying each and every page. Well that is, until the end.

I have to say that I didn't see the end of this installment coming. I wasn't sure how things would play out and I thoroughly enjoyed not knowing what was going to come next for Clio and her friends at camp, but I'm not sure I was ready for the twists that Workinger threw into the mix. Clio and her friends were of course doing their best after everything that happened to get into a routine and continue digging for some new information or ways to expose some new findings on their genetic mishaps. Throughout the whole adventure I was crossing my fingers for each of them and feeling very sympathetic towards what they were going through. I think it's the case in which most of the time readers find authors are ill content to let things coast for their characters. New information usually brings chaos with it, but what fun is there in reading the same old people having a perfectly easy time and just floating by. I get that it would make for a somewhat boring book. But sometimes I just want the characters to catch a break, right?

I'm not sure what Workinger has in store for her characters in her third installment for the series, but hopefully they'll have another chance to continue fixing things at camp and working hard to discover any helpful information that would lead them to answers regarding their pasts and their futures.

I gave Settling (Solid, #2) 3 shamrocks!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails