Friday, March 30, 2012

New Kresley Cole YA Title Confirmed!

I am beyond excited to share this news with you guys! While this information has been out there for a little while, I had to calm down my level of excitement before I put together a post about it otherwise I'm not sure anyone would have been able to understand a word of what I wrote amidst the babbling and rambling. Which is pretty much what I'm doing right now.

Before I go off on another tangent, I was super excited to hear that one of my favorite adult paranormal romance authors, Kresley Cole has signed on with Simon and Schuster to write a Young Adult title, Poison Princess! While no cover artwork has been posted that I know of, the book's initial description is enough to have me counting down the days until October 2012 for it's release. Cole did say on her Facebook page that coverart would be revealed soon, and I can't wait! Check it out....

Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1) by Kresley Cole

Poison Princess centers on 16-year-old Evangeline "Evie" Greene, a privileged teenager from Louisiana. When an apocalyptic event decimates her hometown, killing everyone she loves, Evie realizes the hallucinations she'd been having for the past year were actually visions of the future — and they're still happening. Fighting for her life and desperate for answers, she must turn to her wrong-side-of-the-bayou classmate: Jack Deveaux.

As Jack and Evie race to find the source of her visions, they meet others who have gotten the same call. An ancient prophecy is being played out, and Evie is not the only one with special powers. A group of teens have been chosen to re-enact the ultimate battle between good and evil. But it's not always clear who is on which side.


Sounds good right? Her characters and plot twists are fantastic in her adult series and she's kept me coming back for more with each and every one of her books. I love that she's not afraid to continue her series on well after the third and fourth books like some authors are reluctant to do. And honestly I'm not sure what I would do if she did. I'm not ready to say goodbye to her characters in her adult series, but I'm sure as heck ready to say hello to her new characters in the young adult genre!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails